Since Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, I thought a margarita for this week’s #CocktailFriday was fitting. This one is a Mango Kiwi Margarita with that oh so pretty color layering, ombre-ish effect going on. What I really love about this margarita, though, is the way that the sweetness of the mango juice balances the tanginess of the kiwi and lime juice. It’s like a match made in heaven.
A lot of margarita recipes include some kind of simple syrup to sweeten up the sourness of the lime juice. In this one, I used the mango juice to do the job for me and got so much flavor in return! Hopefully you’ll get to enjoy one of these kicked back in the sunshine this weekend. Cheers!
- 2 kiwis, peeled, (140 grams)
- 3 oz tequila
- 3 oz Naked Mighty Mango Pure Fruit Juice Smoothie
- 3 oz lime juice
- Add kiwi to a food processor and blend until smooth. Strain into a measuring cup.
- Rim 2 glasses with salt, if desired. Add mango juice to the bottom of the glass, then add a handful of ice on top of the juice in each glass.
- Gently pour strained kiwi juice onto a spoon over top of the ice and mango juice. Serve immediately.
For my macro trackers out there, I wasn’t able to create a My Fitness Pal barcode for this recipe since I would have had to decide for you whether to put the alcohol calories in as carbs or fats – that’s up to you! The 21 carbs listed here are just for the sugar in the juices and kiwi. For my non-macro trackers, here’s more info on what I’m talking about.