Happy long weekend, my friends! The temps in the DC area are creeping upwards, and this Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte is all I want for my morning coffee ritual. And because the recipe is so simple, I can easily incorporate it into my weekday morning rush to get out the door and beat traffic.
Is anyone else completely mesmerized by the moment when milk meets coffee?! The swirls are just so pretty!
The Skinny Iced Vanilla Latte is probably the simplest coffee drink I’ve posted as part of this series celebrating my new espresso machine. But simple is classic here, and it’s one of my favorites. Here’s everything you need to make it:
- Milk – I went with unsweetened vanilla almond milk for this one, party because it’s just 30 calories per cup, but also because I like the flavor. Use any milk you’d like!
- Sugar free vanilla syrup – you need plenty of it to really get that vanilla flavor to shine through the boldness of the espresso, but definitely adjust this to your taste! Start with just 2 pumps, then add more if you want it.
- Espresso – a full-bodied, fresh brewed espresso works great in this recipe, though Starbucks uses a blonde roast espresso in their Iced Vanilla Lattes.
- Ice – I like to use really small ice cubes or even crushed ice for drinks like this, though you can see I used bigger ~1″ cubes in the photos here. Check out these ice cube trays that I like for small cubes, or these for the bigger ones!
Here are some items I used to make this recipe a success. Note: these are Amazon Affiliate links.
Iced Vanilla Latte
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 fl oz espresso
- 4 pumps Jordan's Skinny Syrups Vanilla (about 1 fl oz)
- 1 cup ice
Pour all ingredients over ice in a serving glass, then stir to combine before serving.
Click here or scan the barcode below to log this drink in My Fitness Pal.