Get your morning started with a huge dose of sunshine and vitamin C in a glass with this Tropical Crush Protein Smoothie! It has all the usual suspects when it comes to class tropical smoothie flavors – pineapple, banana, and orange. Plus an added boost of dairy free protein thanks to a couple scoops of collagen peptides. I love using collagen in smoothies because it doesn’t change the flavor or texture of the smoothie, but still adds a little bit of good for you protein.
This is what you’ll need to make this sunshine in a glass:
- Frozen Bananas – frozen bananas are the key to getting this smoothie really creamy without any dairy.
- Frozen Pineapple – Another key contributor to the creaminess of this smoothie, plus it’s just a classic tropical flavor!
- Orange – You could exclude the fresh orange if you wanted to, but I like the added bump of orange flavor without adding more liquid.
- Non-dairy yogurt – You need something to smooth out the sweet and tanginess of all the fruit in this smoothie, and I like the added creaminess. I prefer a coconut yogurt because the flavor works perfectly in this recipe, but you could use any non-dairy yogurt you’d like.
- Collagen peptides powder – Here’s where you get the extra kick of protein. What I really like about using collagen in a smoothie is that it doesn’t add any extra flavor or sweetness, but still adds a bit of protein. Because it dissolves so nicely, you can really add quite a bit without changing the way the smoothie turns out.
- Orange juice – I like to use the lower sugar, no pulp kind of OJ.
Here are some items I used to make this recipe a success. Note: these are Amazon Affiliate links.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen, (260 grams)
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, frozen, (250 grams)
- 1 large orange, peel/pith cut off and chopped, (116 grams)
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt, (227 grams)
- 30 grams Naked Nutrition Collagen Peptides Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Trop 50 orange juice, (4 fl oz)
- 8-10 ice cubes