The peanut butter mixture gets sticky! I recently switched up the vanilla protein that I use in recipes and I’m loving this new kind. It’s called Jay Robb’s Whey Protein / The Best-Tasting Protein on the Planet. Seriously. That’s the name. I have to admit, it is really delicious, plus it has a high protein content and low calories/no fat/no sugar (they use Stevia to sweeten it). I recommend using a lower sugar/lower sodium peanut butter in this too. Once you have it spooned on top of the first chocolate layer, just flatten it out a little and leave some room on the sides for the chocolate to fill in with the top layer.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla protein and PBAdd unsweetened vanilla almond milk and mix until smooth. Then add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- In a small pan, melt chocolate chips over low heat.
- Add a small layer of melted chocolate to each of 8 silicone baking cups. Place on a tray and into the freezer until hardened, about 15 minutes.
- To each baking cup, add a spoonful of peanut butter mixture and press lightly into the cup, leaving some space on the sides for the chocolate to fill in.
- Top the peanut butter mixture with melted chocolate.
- Return cups to the freezer until hardened, about 30 minutes. Remove from silicone cup and wrap in foil. Store in the freezer until serving.