Happy National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! Yeah, for real. Peanut butter is so good that it has at least 2 holidays that I know of…National Peanut Butter Day is January 24th 🙂 And yes, I know that off the top of my head. Would you expect any less? This year I decided to celebrate with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Bars. Yum!
I actually made these cookie bars a while back knowing that I would be super busy around this time. But I knew I couldn’t pass up this holiday! What I love about them is the peanut butter…and the chocolate…and the frosting + ganache textures on top. Food Network should totally hire me for my insightful commentary lol.
Don’t forget the big sea salt flakes on top to really set off the flavors! Seriously, so good. Enjoy!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium, low sugar peanut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Whip
- 1 cup Guittard 63% Dark Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/2 tsp large flake sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry cookie ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Whisk peanut butter whip ingredients together until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled cookie.
- Spread melted chocolate on top of peanut butter whip. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes, then sprinkle with large flake sea salt. Once the chocolate has just hardened, cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.