Soooo can anyone guess what Nutella has in it? Chocolate and hazelnut! And so much deliciousness. (And a crapload of sugar and saturated fat…) Is there anyone out there who can stop at just one spoonful of Nutella? Yeah, me neither. That’s why I don’t own any. Instead, I made a mugcake that kinda tastes like it!
So during my extract buying extravaganza, I got my hands on some caramel extract and some hazelnut extract. I wasn’t sure what I was going to use them in, and then it hit me. Make. Some. Nutella. Mugcake.
You do have to be a little bit careful with how much hazelnut extract you put in…it’s pretty strong. Here’s a little bonus Christmas tree shot!
I don’t know about everyone else, but I did some serious cyber-Monday shopping. It didn’t seem like the deals were as good this year as they were last year but I still managed to snag some good stuff for gifts and for myself of course. I just can’t pass up some of the deals!
Chocolate Hazelnut Mugcake
Servings: 1 • Calories: 205 • Fat: 8 g • Protein: 10 g • Carbs: 31 g • Fiber: 4 g • Sugar: 12 g • Sodium: 206 mg • Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 2 tbsp quick oats
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet Splenda
- 2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp hazelnut extract
- Mix all cake ingredients in a small bowl or mug that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spray a large mug with non-stick cooking spray and pour the cake mixture into the mug.
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes and 15 seconds (may vary depending on your microwave).
- Mix all frosting ingredients in a small bowl and frost the cake after it has cooled at least a minute.
Leave a Comment