What better way to spring forward today than with some carrot cake pancakes? Aside from getting that extra hour back, of course! These pancakes have 38 grams of protein, perfect to get me geared up for leg day 🙂 Plus carrot cake makes me think of Easter which makes me think of spring, so these just seem fitting for breakfast today. Obviously it has nothing to do with the fact that I have a ton of carrots in my refrigerator…
I know some people don’t like raisins at all, let alone in their pancakes or carrot cake. I like raisins though, especially when they cook in the pancake batter and get all soft and plump 🙂 I chopped them up so they wouldn’t overpower the pancakes if they bunched up in the batter.
So in the ingredients list I’ve got this thing called Walden Farms Pancake Syrup…you may be asking yourself “what in the world is that?” Let me tell you about it. It’s like a miracle calorie free, sugar free, fat free maple syrup that doesn’t taste like maple syrup 100% but it’s pretty damn close. For no extra carbs or calories, I’ll take it! They also have it in chocolate, blueberry, caramel and strawberry. My next ones to try are the chocolate and caramel…you can find them on Amazon, the Walden Farms website, VitaCost, Bodybuilding.com etc.
Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories per serving 368 kcal
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl whey protein
- 1/2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp chopped raisins
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- Combine topping ingredients and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, grind the oats into a fine powder. Combine with all other pancake ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Drop pancake batter onto griddle and cook until the top starts to bubble, then flip and cook the other side.
- Top with Greek yogurt mix and more shredded carrot before serving.
Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Happy “spring” to everyone! Yes, even those of you who are still buried under three feet of snow…
Sounds delicious, but what is "one serving"? One pancake? And how big are the pancakes 6"?
If you are going to create recipes for people who are serious athletes, know that they want to be able to easily and correctly count their calories. Also, I like your recipes, but will switch all "artificial" ingredients for something not artificial. Thanks for publishing. Good Luck! Michele in ATX
It's me again. Shut my mouth! After further investigation, I see this is a recipe for one! Yippee! Thanks Again, Michele in ATX
Makenzie Jones says
These look amazing! I'm so glad that I stumbled upon your blog/instagram!