Here’s a quick and easy breakfast idea for people who like smoothies but still want to make sure they’re getting a hearty breakfast! I actually made these a couple weeks ago as part of my breakfast prep because I was driving down to San Jose from San Francisco everyday for training. I needed something that I could easily eat in the car since there was no way I was going to get up early enough to eat my usual breakfast.
These smoothies ended up working out really well and I found myself looking forward to it each morning. Change up the fruit or add extras for a different flavor like peanut butter and banana or strawberry. Just adjust how much almond milk you add to get the right consistency. Easy!
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until it reaches desired consistency. Add more almond milk if needed.
- If preparing ahead, place in a resealable, freezer safe beverage container. Freeze until solid and place in the refrigerator the night before consuming. Top with granola if desired.
I already shared the picture of my on-the-go snack packs on my Instagram feed, but here it is again…this was my strategy for making sure I had all my snacks handy and ready to bolt out the door each morning when I was commuting for training. You could do this everyday too! I normally have all my snacks scattered around my fridge or on my counter to grab whatever I have planned to fill in my macros for the day.
In these packs I have baby carrots with hummus, grapes, hard boiled eggs and nitrate free smoked turkey breast. Yum 🙂