Who wants this for dinner?? I know I do. It’s actually really easy to make and it will make your mouth water even as it’s cooking in the oven…the garlic, rosemary and lemon combine to make a perfect aromatic buffet for your nose. But then when you take it out of the oven…And get to eat it…YUM! The chicken stays perfectly moist and retains a lot of flavor because the skin protects it while it’s cooking. All the juices in the pan combine to practically caramelize the sweet potatoes with a totally unique flavor that’s partly tangy, partly sweet, and totally delicious.
(BTW, check out the end of the post for a fun chat about hydration 🙂
Rosemary Lemon Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet with Asparagus
- 4 ea chicken thighs (bone and skin on) (approx. 2.25 lbs)
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp chopped + 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp FlavorGod Lemon & Garlic Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus (approx. 30 spears)
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp rosemary, FlavorGod seasoning, garlic and lemon juice. Toss about 2/3 of mix with chicken in a large bowl, then remove the chicken, add sweet potatoes and remainder of mix and toss until evenly coated.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in oven safe skillet.
- Add chicken, skin side down and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, lemon slices and rosemary sprigs, ensuring the chicken is not covered by potatoes. Move skillet to the oven. Cook for 20 minutes before adding asparagus to oven.
- On a foil lined baking sheet, toss asparagus with remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil and more Flavor God seasoning. Add asparagus to oven and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.