Alright guys, it’s time for me to debut one of my very own workout creations! This is the first of my cross training series, just don’t call it CrossFit because the CrossFit legal team or Reebok or someone will come seize my website. Anywho, this is a quick little HIIT style workout that will probably make you say “that sounds like a CrossFit workout.” What can I say? I like the idea of getting my cardio done without going near a treadmill and just maybe working on getting swole at the same time! This one will also get you in and out of the gym quickly but you’ll still work up a good sweat and want to kill me for the evil torture routine I’ve created. You’re welcome 😉
- You can squeeze this workout into a short 30 minutes, just don’t forget to warm up!
- You’ll really get your heart rate going in those 30 minutes and your muscles will feel the burn.
- You can scale this workout easily to adjust to your fitness level, just by increasing or decreasing weights/resistance.
- You’ll need several pieces of equipment to complete the workout, so it may be difficult to complete this one at home.
- It’s also best if you can do this in an uncrowded gym where you can easily shift between several exercise areas and are able to hog equipment like the rowing machine for three rounds.
Time needed: approx. 30 minutes
- Barbell and plates
- Rowing machine
- Slam ball
- Jump rope
I included links to video demos of some of these moves in case you’re not familiar with them. And since I get to name my own workout, I will exercise my prerogative to blatantly plagiarize song names and turn them into my workout names…
Turn Down for What
Round 1 (repeat the series 3 times with 1-2 minutes break between. Do not break between exercises.):
Round 2 (repeat the series 3 times with 1-2 minutes break between. Do not break between exercises.):
Happy sweating 🙂