Can you believe it’s Monday again?! This week I’m bringing you this creamy and delicious Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash Skillet. I’m loving this combo of sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. The best part (aside from the fact that it’s almost all made in one skillet) is that it tastes like it’s really naughty, but it’s actually pretty healthy. Here’s what it looks like as meal prep! Enjoy!
Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash Skillet
- 1 1/4 lb raw chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (500 grams flesh)
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 oz sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter (1 oz)
- 2 tsp olive oil (0.33 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (16 grams)
- 1 tsp Flavor God Garlic Lover's Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Oh My Spice! Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Rub cut sides with 1 tsp olive oil and season with Flavor God seasoning. Bake for 35-40 minutes until flesh flakes away easily with a fork.
Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken breast with Monterey Steak seasoning on both sides, then add to skillet and brown on both sides for about 2 minutes, then set chicken aside.
Add butter to skillet until melted and hot, then add garlic and sauté. Stir in flour until it is absorbed and smooth, then gradually whisk in chicken broth and coconut milk.
Add sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and spices to skillet. Stir well, then return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over chicken. Lower heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through, then remove from heat.
Place thawed and drained spinach onto a double layer paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture over the sink. Add spinach and spaghetti squash to skillet and stir until well combined.
Divide into 5 servings and top with parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.