Happy Friday! Want a decadent way to get your protein in today? I’ve got you covered! S’mores in drink form, complete with 28 grams of protein.
Fair warning though – this will set you back about 300 calories…but if you’ve got the room for it, I say do it 🙂
If you’ve got some low fat or sugar-free chocolate syrup laying around the house, you could make this recipe a lot more macro friendly by using it in place of the real chocolate ganache. What can I say though, I like the real thing!
S'mores Protein Shake
- 3/4 cup Dannon Light and Fit vanilla Greek yogurt frozen into cubes
- 2 tbsp Cellucor Vanilla Casein protein powder
- 1 tsp Jell-O Fat Free Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4-6 large ice cubes
- 1 tsp marshmallow extract
- 1/4 low fat graham cracker crushed
- Optional: whipped cream for on top
- 1 1/2 tbsp Guittard 63% dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of almond milk in a narrow, microwave-safe dish in the microwave for 15-25 seconds or until it just starts to boil. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt. Set aside to cool slightly.
Add frozen yogurt, protein powder, pudding mix, almond milk, marshmallow extract, and ice cubes to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Angle a tall glass and drizzle chocolate ganache along the sides of the glass. Pour protein shake into the glass and top with crushed graham cracker and whipped cream, if desired.
- To get the chocolate and graham cracker "rim" on your glass, double or triple the chocolate ganache recipe. Make sure you allow it to cool enough that it is not runny - I put mine into the freezer for about 5 minutes. Pour the ganache into a small bowl and dip the rim of the glass into the ganache, then sprinkle with graham cracker.
- If you don't want to buy the marshmallow extract, you could instead add a couple of marshmallows or some marshmallow fluff to the blender.
- Casein protein powder is better than whey protein here because it makes the shake nice and creamy.