It’s beginning to look a lot like the holiday season! Christmas movies are on TV non-stop, football is getting really good and there is peppermint and gingerbread everywhere 😛 Yummy yummy. Speaking of peppermint…I think I may be in love with these peppermint hot chocolate donuts…they’re a perfect cake donut with a dreamy white chocolate and peppermint icing. Got stock up on candy canes because you need to make these for dessert!
Another surprise about these donuts is how much protein they pack AND that everything except the white chocolate chips are paleo! I’m looking at you, Cross Fitters. Just be sure to use grass fed whey protein.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Protein Donuts
Yield: 6 donuts • Calories per donut: 163 • Fat: 9 g • Protein: 8 g • Carbs: 18 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 10 g • Sodium: 122 mg • Cholesterol: 38 mg
- 1 scoop Cellucor Molten Chocolate whey protein
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp granulated Monkfruit sweetener (sub coconut sugar for paleo friendly)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all dry donut ingredients, then add wet donut ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour evenly into 6 donut cavities.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into donuts comes out clean. Remove from donut pan to cool.
- While donuts are cooling, heat white chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until melted. Stir until smooth, then slowly add whey protein and whisk until smooth. Add peppermint extract and whisk until smooth. Pour into shallow bowl.
- Dip donut tops into melted chocolate (or spread it on with a frosting spatula) and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Enjoy your weekend!