I used a 9×9 inch baking pan for my brownies but if you like them a little thicker, go for an 8×8 pan.
Peppermint Bark Black Bean Protein Brownies
Servings: 18 • Calories per serving: 104 • Fat: 3 g • Protein: 6 g • Carbs: 16 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 8 g • Sodium: 56 mg • Cholesterol: 6 mgIngredients:
- 15 oz can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 3/4 scoops Cellucor Molten Chocolate whey protein
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine black beans, almond milk, applesauce, honey and vanilla extract until smooth. Add remaining brownie ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into baking pan and smooth out. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Once brownies have cooled, melt white chocolate chips over medium-low heat (in a double boiler if you have one). Once chips are mostly melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth and completely melted. Pour over brownies and spread evenly. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes immediately and allow to cool.
- Cut with a sharp knife into 9 squares, then halve squares diagonally.