It’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted an overnight oats recipe (except the ones in meal prep posts). And when I say a “hot minute,” I mean over 2 years ago, actually…and that seems like a damn shame, because overnight oats are really awesome. These ones are Peanut Butter Blueberry Protein Overnight Oats and they’re everything you’d want in a classic PB&J recipe and more.
If you haven’t heard, blueberries are my favorite fruit and I love pairing them up with peanut butter things…because I also love peanut butter. They go ahhhh-mazinngly well together in smoothies too. One of the things that I love about blueberries in a recipe like this (as opposed to strawberries) is how the blueberries actually burst when heated up, creating sooo much flavor. It also makes for a really yummy chia jam, no blender required. I recommend using frozen blueberries for the best burst-ability and maximum juiciness.
Overnight oats make for a really easy meal-preppable breakfast. And if cold oats scare you, just know that you can toss these in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to take off the chill in the morning. Enjoy!
PB Blueberry Protein Overnight Oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (8 oz)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (65 grams)
- 1/4 cup PB2 powdered peanut butter (24 grams)
- 1 34 gram scoop Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein
- 2 tbsp Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, melted (32 grams)
- 2 1/2 tsp chia seeds (10 grams)
- 2/3 cup blueberries (100 grams)
Whisk PB2 and whey protein into almond milk until smooth. Add oats, 1/2 tbsp (6 grams) chia seeds, and melted peanut butter and stir until combined. Refrigerate in a covered container overnight.
Place blueberries in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until blueberries can be easily mashed with the back of a spoon.
Mash the blueberries until that are all burst. Add remaining chia seeds and stir. Refrigerate overnight or at least 1 hour.
Top overnight oats with blueberry chia jam before serving.
- Frozen blueberries work best for the blueberry chia jam.
- If the oats are too runny for your liking after setting up overnight, heat them in the microwave for 1 minute OR add a couple more tablespoons of oats to thicken them up.