Happy Sunday! If you’re looking for a good breakfast to meal prep this week, you’ve come to the right spot. You guys know that I love a good oatmeal muffin if you’ve seen any of my meal prep posts lately. I decided that I need to make the most of what’s left of summer berry season, so here we are…Mixed Berry Oatmeal Muffins!
BTW, these muffins are gluten free and dairy free. If you’d prefer to use whey protein instead of plant based protein, just decrease the amount of almond milk from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup. Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats (192 grams)
- 2 scoops ON Gold Standard Plant Based Protein Powder (72 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (75 grams)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped (75 grams)
- 1/2 cup blackberries (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (2 oz)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tbsp Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (24 grams)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange 7 jumbo silicone baking cups on a baking sheet.
Mix all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix until combined. Divide evenly into 7 baking cups.
Bake for 35 minutes or until tops of muffins begin to brown slightly. Allow to cool slightly before removing from silicone cups and serving.
- I recommend these jumbo silicone baking cups!
- You can replace the plant based protein with whey if you'd prefer - just sub it out with the same amount of powder but decrease the amount of almond milk to 1/2 cup.