Your Sunday brunch called, it’s looking for this Loaded Bagel Salad. Smoked salmon, toasty everything bagel pieces, and cream cheese dressing bring that real bagel feel with a little healthier twist and it will have your guests (and you) asking for more! I got the inspiration for this salad from Molly Yeh of the Food Network…the thought of using a bagel for a crouton got me super excited to try out one of these perfect brunch salads.
I like arugula as the base for this salad because it’s bright, peppery and not too earthy. You could go always use an arugula mix though if you prefer…maybe something with spinach would be yummy. And if you haven’t had it yet, I highly recommend going out and picking up some Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. I personally love it on eggs and it works great in this salad.
If you haven’t perfected the soft boiled egg yet, here’s the method I like to use: in an Instant Pot, arrange eggs on top of the rack. Add 1 cup of water into the base of the pot. Set to Low pressure for 4 or 5 minutes (4 will have a runnier yolk), followed by manual release. Dunk the eggs into an ice bath to cool for a few minutes before peeling – they should still be warm, but not hot, when you peel them.
Loaded Bagel Salad
- 4 oz H‑E‑B Alaskan Wild Smoked Sockeye Salmon (113 grams)
- 4 cups arugula (170 grams)
- 1 everything bagel, ripped into ~1" pieces (105 grams)
- 3 eggs, soft boiled and halved
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber (50 grams)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion (40 grams)
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning (4 grams)
Dijon Cream Cheese Dressing
- 1 oz Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat cream cheese, softened (31 grams)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (15 grams)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Oh My Spice! Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Whisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add bagel pieces and toss to distribute butter. Toast in the skillet, flipping frequently, until bagel pieces begin to turn golden brown. Set aside.
Arrage arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, eggs, and salmon in 2 large bowls. Top with dressing, bagel pieces, and everything but the bagel seasoning before serving.
You can also toss the arugula and veggies with the dressing before plating for fuss-free serving.