Ahhh the best flavors of summer…some melty marshmallows and chocolate on top of crunchy graham crackers. Who wants to have a bonfire right this second? I do. But since I live in a little apartment in the city, I’ll have to settle for some of these delicious cheesecakes to get my s’mores fix. Never to fear! These are freakin’ amazing 🙂 Oh yeah, and they’re more decadent and healthier than the real thing anyways!
Ever since I made my Guiltless Cherry Protein Cheesecakes a couple of weeks ago, I’ve had [guiltless] cheesecake on the brain 🙂 And I’ve come up with a few flavors, but before I bust out the ones for fall (ehem…pumpkin), I felt like I should put up one last summer shindig. In cheesecake form. Speaking of guiltless – these are only 70 calories each with 6 grams of protein!
The trick to getting these to cook evenly and not crack is to stick them in a water bath while baking! Read all about it on my last cheesecake post.
Just like the cherry cheesecake I made, the texture of this s’mores cheesecake is still creamy and luxurious like a real cheesecake! The s’mores protein I used has some built in texture in the form of tiny little marshmallow and graham cracker specks that add some character 🙂 The cottage cheese gives it that cheesecake flavor, the cocoa powder ups the chocolate game and the vanilla Greek yogurt makes it perfectly sweet without all the fat. If you don’t want to hunt down the Cellucor S’mores protein powder, just use regular chocolate protein powder. And if you want the S’mores protein but can’t find it, check out Amazon!
Guiltless S'mores Protein Cheesecake
- 1/3 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup Dannon Light and Fit non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk divided
- 1 scoop Cellucor S'mores whey protein
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 packets Truvia
- 1 1/4 Honeymaid low-fat graham crackers
- 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp marshmallow fluff
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, process graham cracker and ground flaxseed until it reaches a fine powder like consistency (or you can just smash it up in a Ziplock bag). Mix in 1 tsp almond milk, then divide evenly into 7 silicone baking cups. Press the crust into the bottom of the baking cups. Set aside.
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, blend cottage cheese and egg white until smooth. Mix in Greek yogurt, protein powder, cocoa powder, remaining almond milk and 2 packets of Truvia until smooth. Pour evenly into baking cups, leaving about 1/4 inch space at the top of the cups.
- Place cheesecake cups into larger baking dish and fill dish with water until almost even with the top of the cheesecake filling. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-23 minutes or until centers of cheesecake are still a little jiggly (like Jello).
- Allow cheesecakes to cool in the water bath until water is room temperature, then remove cheesecakes from water bath and refrigerate, uncovered for at least an hour before serving (best if refrigerated overnight before serving).
- Before serving, top cheesecakes with marshmallow fluff, mini-chocolate chips and additional pieces of graham cracker if desired.