It’s officially the Christmas season! I can’t say I’ve been listening to Christmas jingles or even stringing up lights, but you know I’m onboard with the flavors of the season. And in that spirit, I bring you this Gingerbread Protein Latte! To squeeze all that gingerbread flavor into a drink, you’ll need to whip up a quick syrup with molasses and spices.
Cinnamon flavored whey protein helps boost the gingerbread spices and adds a big protein boost. It also helps to make this latte nice and creamy. Can you really think of a better way to cozy up with your protein shake this holiday season?!
Gingerbread Protein Latte
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (24 oz)
- 1 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee (8 oz)
- 2 34 gram scoops Cellular Cinnamon Swirl Whey Protein
- 3 tbsp gingerbread syrup (1 1/2 oz)
Whisk almond milk with whey protein (or shake in a shaker) until smooth. Add to a small pan on the stove and turn heat on to medium.
Add espresso and gingerbread syrup and continue to heat until warmed to desired temperature.
If any chunks remain in the mixture, strain before serving.
Pour into 2 serving mugs and top with whipped cream, nutmeg and cinnamon, if desired.
- 1/2 cup molasses (regular works better than blackstrap) (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup water (2 oz)
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar (24 grams)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1/2 tsp ground)
- 2 whole cloves (or 1/8 tsp ground)
- 1 whole nutmeg (or 1/8 tsp ground)
- 1″ knuckle fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly (or 1 tsp ground)
Add all ingredients to a small pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Strain out spices (if using whole spices instead of ground) and allow to cool.