Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s officially time for all the Christmas things!!! Chances are that you’ve got some extra cranberries laying from turkey day, so I’m kicking things off with these Dairy-Free Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins. I love the brightness of the oranges and the tartness of the cranberries – but I kept things balanced with a little bit of brown sugar and maple syrup. I don’t know about you guys but I seriously need to do some getting back on track this week, so I (of course) used these as part of my breakfast meal prep. You know I love a good oatmeal muffin 🙂 Don’t forget that if you need holiday stocking stuffer ideas for the fitness lovers in your life, I’ve got some ideas assembled here! There were Black Friday deals on a lot of the items, but I’m sure you’ll get a second chance to get them on sale for Cyber Monday. Enjoy!
Dairy-Free Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats (205 grams)
- 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Plant-Based Vanilla Protein (76 grams)
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup 50% Ocean Spray Reduced Sugar Dried Cranberries, chopped (40 grams)
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar (24 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (246 grams)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (2 oz)
- 2 tbsp Trop 50 orange juice (1 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange 7 jumbo silicone baking cups on a baking sheet and set aside.
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tops begin to turn golden brown.