Carrot Cake Bars
- 3/4 cup rolled oats , ground into oat flour
- 1 scoop Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl whey protein
- 1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg and sea salt
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 1/3 less fat cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein
- Optional toppings: chopped pecans, cinnamon & additional grated carrot
- Refrigerate canned coconut milk overnight to allow the thick coconut milk and coconut water to separate.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all dry ingredients for the bars in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except coconut milk. When adding the coconut milk, open the can from the bottom and discard the watery liquid, using only the thick cream. Mix batter just until combined.
- Spray a 9"x9" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, then pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Whisk together vanilla protein and greek yogurt until smooth, then add cream cheese and mix again until smooth. After bars have cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting, cut into 12 bars and sprinkle with cinnamon, chopped pecans and grated carrot before serving.