Happy Monday, meal preppers! These Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps make for an easy summer lunchbox meal that won’t force you to turn on your oven. You can easily adjust the spice level by adding or withholding extra hot sauce after shredding the chicken. But don’t forget to pack up some guacamole or ranch dressing to help cool things down and bring all the ingredients together!
Pro tip for anyone using this recipe for meal prep – add a piece of paper towel (about 2″ x 5″) under the lettuce to keep it crisp and fresh.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1.25 lb chicken breast, raw
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (80 grams)
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup Stubb’s Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce (2 oz)
- 2 tbsp Flavor God Ranch Seasoning
- 10-12 lettuce leaves (I used butter lettuce) (50 grams)
- 2 medium carrots, julienned (125 grams)
- 3 stalks celery, julienned (120 grams)
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- Other optional toppings: guacamole or ranch dressing
Add chopped onion to the bottom of a slow cooker. Rub chicken in ranch seasoning and place on top of onion.
Mix BBQ sauce and hot sauce and pour over chicken. Slow cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken easily shreds with a fork.
Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred with two forks, then return to slow cooker and mix chicken with juices.
Serve chicken on top of lettuce leaves with julienned celery and carrots. Add additional hot sauce just before serving, if desired. Top with guacamole or ranch dressing, if desired, and garnish with chives.