Welp, I just found a new breakfast idea that I can cling to for months! These baked oatmeal cups are freakin’ awesome. I made them in jumbo sized silicone baking cups so they are nice and big to fill you up in the morning. They’re almost like a jumbo muffin with a nice golden brown, crusty top and moist, airy interior. So good!
These are yummy enough to make it on a dessert plate too. Just throw down some coconut ice cream and chow down. BTW, does anyone else love the way that blueberries look when they’re baked in a batter of some kind? Purpley blue-ish ribbons of yumminess.
Blueberry Almond Baked Protein Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 scoops Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp almond slivers
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk almond milk, maple syrup and protein powder until smooth. Add almond butter and whisk until smooth, then add remaining wet ingredients and mix.
- Add rolled oats, baking powder and cinnamon and mix well. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into jumbo muffin molds on top of baking sheet. Top with almond slivers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the oatmeal cup comes out clean and tops are golden brown.
Try baking with these jumbo silicone baking cups for best results.