Banana Protein Waffles with Blackberry Sauce
Servings: 1 • Calories: 374 • Fat: 5 g • Protein: 29 g • Carbs: 59 g • Fiber: 12 g • Sugar: 22 g • Sodium: 291 mg • Cholesterol: 18 mgIngredients:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 scoop Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein
- 2 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Bring blackberries, maple syrup and lemon juice to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower heat to a rolling simmer for 10-15 minutes or until you can easily mash the blueberries and the juice has begun to thicken into a syrup.
- Puree the blackberries and juice until smooth. Pour through a strainer into a bowl to remove blackberry seeds, then set syrup aside in refrigerator.
- In a food processor or NutriBullet, mill the oats until they form a fine powder. Mix with all other dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients (except blackberry sauce) and combine until smooth.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray and spoon oat mix onto waffle maker. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Plate waffles and top with blackberry sauce.